- Customer Service
- contact us
- shipping & delivery
- international orders
- gift certificates
- my account
- access my account
- track my order
Art.com strives not only to provide the largest selection of posters prints and photos, but to also make everyone comfortable with the content and images we deliver. Art and posters should be fun for all involved without crossing any lines of decency or legality. What you see on our site is what can be viewed on most common sites and portals as well as on TV, magazines and movies. We strive to not cross any legal lines with our material and will never carry images considered X-rated. Please remember that art is a very subjective topic and what is deemed acceptable to one audience, may not be acceptable to another. The following describes our specific policies regarding certain types of images that we prohibit:
- Hate and Social Intolerance: Art.com will not carry art that it believes contains hate, racial intolerance, or advocates violence or ridicule against any individual, group, or organization.
- Illicit drugs and drug paraphernalia: Art.com will not sell any prints that it believes display illegal drugs or the paraphernalia used for them.
- Language: Art.com will not carry art that it believes uses excessive profanity, sexually explicit language, or remarks that disparage or ridicule other people.
- Licensing: Art.com honors the intellectual property rights of others. We will not intentionally sell unlicensed prints or photos. Art.com does not reproduce or manufacture any products that it offers on its site, but rather purchases product from various suppliers that claim to have sufficient rights to sell their products to Art.com for display on our site and sale to our customers.
- Offensive materials: What Art.com deems offensive is probably about what you would expect. This includes items such as crime-scene photos or human organs and body parts. Art.com reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of images posted to our site. Please be aware of cultural differences and sensitivities. Some images may be acceptable in one culture, but unacceptable in another.
- Pornography: Art.com strives not to carry art that involves erotica or adult content that crosses the line from art into pornography. As an art site striving to offer all varieties and types of art, nude figures, embraces and affectionate activity are often the subject for artist portrayal. Most of our most popular and distinguished artists have some adult material in their galleries, including Picasso, Matisse, DaVinci, Klimt, and Dali. We do carry some nude figures, photos, and some mild sexual images in prints and posters. We also have celebrities who have voluntarily licensed their images for popular consumption. What you will NOT see is X-rated or hard-core images, sexual images involving children, anything that depicts graphic sexual acts; amateur porn; soiled undergarments, sexual aid devices or any paraphernalia involved with this type of activity.
- Violence: Some images on the Art.com web site may depict violence; however we avoid images that we believe contain overt or gratuitous violence.
Updated June 23, 2012